But now I have something of a dream job posting that I am eager to get cracking on - it would allow us some financial security even in the summer, and potentially for the next year. I WANT. (But, trying not to get my hopes up.) I still have the Pittsburgh app to do, but I admit I want this local temp job more right now, even though it is about 200% less prestigious - it's local, it pays ok, and it's valuable experience, which are my three main desires right now. Income and CV bulk. And no stressful/expensive move, if I can help it.
But, to be honest - I feel lucky. I think there's going to be a change of good vibes in my direction, soon.
Today, I also got a draft of my dissertation printed, and spiral bound, for use at defence - and it look mahvellous. I have decided to bite the bullet and see if any office on campus is willing to print my four copies for free on May 31 for final submission. I have priced this as low as $90 at commercial print shops, but if I could avoid even that much, I'd be a happy person.
I also have my handouts done and copied - they are tasteful and professional looking, and I don't think anyone will see them as a crutch.
So, now - read the diss, practice the lecture, and review the bare essentials for Q&A (Bowling Alone, Bellah, Frederick Barth, and as much liberalism as I can handle). I have also found a whole whack of Sandel lectures online I will watch to help me along, and have a few more movies to re-watch to refresh my memory. Otherwise, I think I am about as ready as I can get at this point.
I went to campus and hunted down my defence room today, so I will not get lost Friday morning... Wow. This thing is freaking really happening!
imma throw up.

No comments:
Post a Comment