Finishing my dissertation is bringing more pleasant thoughts to mind. Thoughts of pomping my robes, baby!
Since I won't need to buy them until October 2010 (though possibly only until August if I have to order via Gaspard's), it is possible I might be able to afford to buy my own rig, with contributions from family, etc. I should say, though, it is not 100% certain I will actually get to attend my ceremony, as I might already be living elsewhere by then. However, if I am not going to my grad ceremony, then that will just give me a few more months to save up for my outfitting and I can just have it shipped to me for future use.
So, here's my party dress of choice (traditional PhD blue and gold lined hood and gold piped coal gown with PhD blue panels/chevrons, with a six-sided blue tam):

Front, with gold piping, gathered sleeves,
PhD blue panels of piled velvet, and three chevrons.

Hood, with gold piping and the traditional blue and gold lining.
(Note: It may be mandatory at my school to have a hood of purple and gold,
with a blue velvet lining...
That would be acceptable, but here's hoping there's some give in there.)
SQUEEEE! POMP!
(I know - I'm a nerd!)

2 comments:
i misread the first paragraph and therefore thought this post was about *pimping* your robes. i was expecting hydraulics and LED lights. can you please make that happen?
Yes - my clever pun!
I plan on getting a purple tam, edging it in fake, deep-pile white fur, and adding a peacock feather.
And if I win the medal, I can add it as bling!
Post a Comment