Monday, May 24, 2010

Holy Hannah!

Well, I am pretty near through that list, if you can believe it. I want to be done the essentials today or tomorrow so I can do the typographical/proofing edits before I have to send it to my advisor.

BUT - here's my annoyance, so pardon me if I vent... I ask my advisor for clarification for a point from the carefully negotiated list of things to do, so she directs me to the member of examination committee who suggested that one, so I email that member, who then gives me SIX HUNDRED other things, saying, "Oh and you could do this or that, while you're at it..." WTF?

So, I am waiting for confirmation from my advisor that I am only obligated to do that official list, and not chase down every whim any of these [s]uckers come up with from their comfy, well-paid positions.

What is so hard to understand, folks? I get this done before Monday, I don't have to pay $3,000 and actually get to officially finish my program. I take longer than Monday, and I just don't finish because I AM BROKE. Where's the issue here, folks? Has it really been that long since you paid tuition?

Luckily, my advisor seems to understand, but her "don't bother me until it's done" thing is getting old.

ARGH.

Anyway, the TLDR version is that I am nearly done edits, if I can convince these guys not to start adding crap whenever they come up with a sudden brainwave.

sigh.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger