Tuesday, May 04, 2010

What's My Problem?

I am a little scared by how un-scared I am about the defence. I know that sounds like bravado, but I assure you it is not. I am just so lackadaisical these days - instead of work, I putter. I am sleeping a lot more than I normally would in times of diligence. I am not currently fazed whatsoever by the upcoming defence. I am just... fine. I am a heck of a lot more wrapped up in teaching apps than what is basically the most important day of my professional life so far.

WTH?

Now, could it be that I am just confident of the good outcome, having done my work and looked into the process enough to know that I can handle it? Or am I just avoiding reality? Or am I just being lazy because I got a little burned out on the thing over the past few months? Or am I just out of my mind?

Normally, I am an ultra-contentious person, and although I don't usually appear so, I try to be meticulous in my preparation and work... so this new phase is kind of weird.

It actually reminds me of how I was before the comp exams. But those turned out ok, so maybe it really is confidence. But the jury is still out, re: insanity.

I kind of just want this thing over with.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger