OK, I admit that usually I cook a hot lunch for the tot, and that today I did not, for three reasons: (1) It is hot; (2) He just had breakfast a short while ago; (3) I am busy (which really should be three reasons on this list).
So, instead, I made two sandwiches - one cheese and one peanut butter. I gave him half of each and I ate half of each. I topped it off for him with a glass of milk. To me, this seems like a fine meal, if not exactly complete.
His response? To keep trying to lead me by the hand to the stove, and then tapping his fork against the pot on the cold burner.
I am sure I am not the only one who distinctly remembers getting a sandwich and nothing else for lunch as a child. I am certain this is a fairly normal practice, am I right?
Man - I wonder how this spoiled little child will survive college if the lack of a hot lunch for a day will throw him into such an existential quandary.
sigh.

No comments:
Post a Comment