Monday, May 03, 2010

18 Days til D-Day

I am frigging exhausted. Tot decided to resist sleep until nearly midnight tonight, so I am stuck staying up much later than I had hoped to get today's allotment done before sleep. But, I did my consistency check for Canadian spelling, and got rid of some of the one-shot things I wanted to fact check (i.e. Does Ostjuden have an umlaut? What exactly is the plural for bildungsroman in the Anglicized form?).

I also revamped the Spanglish section, having viewed it again tonight. (I think this will be a consistent process throughout the next few days - I will re-visit 30 film descriptions in the dissertation over the next few weeks as a I re-watch the films. Re-watching a handful of the 50 or so films I look at in the dissertation is essential prep for Q&A, as in some cases I have not seen the films I describe in a year or two. If someone asks me a question about a movie I watched a couple times back in 2006 or 2007, I am basically toast unless I make sure to refresh my tired memory.) On the plus side, I was reminded how much I do enjoy that movie, so prep is not all grunt work!

OK, now to read over my job app once more and then hit the hay - finally, thank heavens!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger