I am dying with anxiety waiting for my external reader report, which my advisor unwisely decribed as "any minute now." So, literal-thinker that my neurosis is, I have a compulsion to refresh my email over and over.
(She is also waiting for it to come from grad studies, who may be waiting for it to come from the external - it is a cycle of waiting, with all of the anxiety pooling somewhere around my thyroid.)
Literally going nuts here, but I can. not. step. away. GAH.
It doesn't help that I have also sent out a billion emails on everything from my tuition crisis to my postdoc references (generally as part of a "well, if I'm checking a million times, anyway, I may as drop a note to Ms XYZ" haze to try to make staring at my email looking somewhat productive). So, now, I am also sitting and refreshing hoping someone will reply to one of those.
On the plus side, my spam box has been cleared numerous times.
JUST SEND ME THE DAMN REPORT AND NOBODY GETS HURT.

No comments:
Post a Comment