I didn't get much sleep last night, so I am also pretty tweeked. This was not at all helped my the tot's half-hour long tantrum right before lunch. It was the worst we've gone through in a long time - full 10 decibals, kicking and panting and tears, etc. Really brutal.
But, this had a good use, actually - it does show me how far he and I have come. Now, a tantrum like this seems so bad because it is so rare. Once upon a time, it was a daily occurrence. I feel we are experiencing a good progression, even though there are still occasional lapses.
I can't expect a two year old to never tantrum - hell, I'm over thirty (soon to be a whole year older in a couple days) and I still feel like kicking my feet once in a while. The only thing that stops me from the full show is that (a) no one would care, and (b) it sounds/looks like a heck of a lot more effort than I wish to expend these days.
In sum: OH HOLY SH*T - ONE WEEK LEFT UNTIL DEFENCE. YIKES.

No comments:
Post a Comment