Monday, May 10, 2010

11 Days til D-Day

I have this nagging feeling that I am supposed to be someplace this morning but that I can't remember... I really, really hope this isn't the case.

So, we are coming down to the wire here, and will soon enter single-digit count down time, which is a bit scary and a bit exhilarating. I am still finding new things to do to prepare, and I'm talking to people for advice, so I think I am taking this thing seriously now.

In the meantime, I still have a butt-load of prep to get through, and now I have decided to apply for a postdoc in the States, so I am kind of swamped down at the moment. However, advisor is excited about the postdoc app, so it's likely a good idea. (I am getting incredibly antsy about what happens after I defend.)

Fairly soon, we should hear word from the external reader, so the advisor and I are kind of holding our breath - plus, advisor wants me to ask the external for a letter of reference for the postdoc position if he likes my work, so there's a bit more added pressure now to our wait.

She specifically suggested people other than reader 3, and I am trying not to read a big "he hates your guts" in that. Defence breeds neurosis.

Today, tot and I head out for diapers, so I think that will distract me a bit for a little while. But the temptation to just sit here and stare at my email until word from the external comes through is a bit strong.

SO MUCH TO DO! ARGH!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger