Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A Spot of Relief

I heard back from grad studies (someone there who actually does know of what she speaks, and one who I do trust), saying that I am unlikely to run into troubles with spring fees if I meet the May 31 deadline, but that I should email her ASAP after the defence if it looks like I might not be able to meet that mark.

One issue did arise, however - my advisor cannot approve the dissertation's final submission via email, so we will need to appoint someone local to sign off on it, if advisor is out of the country (which, let's face it, she will be, since she nearly always is). This was a surprize to me, since I usually assume everything can be done electronically these days, so I am SO GLAD the grad studies person mentioned it. That could have really sunk me if we hadn't been warned. Literally, this has truly saved my arse.

Sometimes it really pays to just bloody well ask if you have concerns.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger