Monday, May 31, 2010

Done. whooptidoo.

Today I submitted my dissertation, and finished my degree.

And this is what I did in celebration:
  • Bought an ice cream cone, which was then highjacked by a tantruming toddler.
  • Paid for printing and diapers, resulting in a $3 bank account. Decided celebration is not really an option.
  • Called my husband, who promptly hung up on me.
Tonight, I submit an application that has no chance of being acceptable because I am so tired I could cry.*

Yup.

Good times.

*Actually, I likely will. Cry, I mean. At least that might be halfway enjoyable.

4 comments:

Catherine said...

Hey, a good cry feels just so so so good. It would be cathartic. You're at a crossroads now, and probably feel a little untethered. Besides, being hung up by anyone, let alone your husband, deserves a little cry-time, in my books.

H. said...

I ended up watching a few episodes of Northern Exposure on DVD and then hitting the hay early. The best thing for me, really.

Thanks for the congrats on your blog!

I hope stats isn't driving you too nuts.

Catherine said...

You should have watched Due North. Mmmm.
Stats is killing me, but I feel moderately prepared for my midterm tonight.

H. said...

I know - our love of Due South and Northern Exposure is a bit weird around here. It seems my TV habits are stuck in the 90s!

Good luck on the midterm.

Powered By Blogger