Tuesday, June 01, 2010

E-Mail is a Wonderful Thing

I got up at 6am to do a job app, for which today is the deadline. I know, I should have done it earlier, but I was busy getting the Pittsburgh postdoc app in last night. Anyway, doing it today was the only option that didn't involve my eyeballs bleeding from exhaustion (I was asleep by 10 last night - glorious!).

BUT, I just wanted to note. I have some errands to run on one side of town, and my application was due this morning on campus (other side of town), so I was reconciling myself to a bit of a toddler-in-tow trek today, only to discover (lo and behold!) the dept prefers email submissions.

Glory be! Maybe it really is a new century, afterall!

I can't wait until the days of paper submissions are over with for uni depts - a little less wasted paper, and I get to do my banking AND apply for a job without passing Admiral Byrd in the process!

HUZZAH!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger