(Deep sigh of relief.)
Student loan funds appeared in our bank account today, so we are once again safe from the rent and grocery monster that haunts our footsteps. Further, now we can actually purchase the rest of our text-books and course readings, so our profs don’t have to boil and eat our innards at every class!
So, like the responsible student I am, I went and got my books this afternoon. And, like the irresponsible child I am, I also got myself a treat.
In the time honoured new-term-money ritual, I headed to HMV and got myself two DVDs. Nothing too extravagant: The 1938 Robin Hood special edition (on sale) and a discount-bin copy of Corrina, Corrina (1994). Don’t hate me, but I do enjoy that movie, and now that we no longer have TBS, I am without a significant Whoopi Goldberg source (man, I really love that woman!). Alas, there were no Marx Brothers films in stock that I didn’t already have. Quelle dommage!
All told, it’s not so shameful. Total cost, including tax: $29.88. Value of a little unnecessary spending to my sanity: Immeasurable!
So, keeping in mind my resolution to take my course work more seriously, it is time to make a decision… Do my readings for tomorrow... :(..., or watch a movie... :)...?
I think you know me well enough to know which way this is heading…

4 comments:
the return of cash flow is always a glorious occassion... unfortunately, my salary doesn't return until january 27th.
Mine doesn't start until the 13th... Unfortunately, they expect you to have your textbooks on the 3rd... Not sure what temporal physics they work with, but on my planet that's ten days too early.
i feel you there. i don't get paid until the 27th, but my $346 fees are due by the 9th??? i guess that's what credit cards are for... which is how i paid my university fees.
I think Uni Admin folk lose perspective of what it is like to actually need your pay to live, let alone fork over massive fees... They probably think we all live off mommie and daddy, or that we have savings.
I guess if I had gone to Business College and took "Over Priced Business Admin" and got a job for the University, too, I would have savings like they do... As it is, not so much.
Post a Comment