Wednesday, January 11, 2006

I Just Don’t Know What to Believe Any More.

I just heard today that Michael Bolton (originally Bolotin) is Jewish
ButWhat?... Huh?...

PLEASE, tell me it ain’t so!

The world is so unfair! Peter Sellers was only half Jewish, though he was as funny as hell… But Michael Bolton, the seeming WASP King, the father of Blue-Eyed Soul, is full fledged…? Who next, Kenny G… ? WHAT? Him, too?

What have we done?!?

I am so very, very, very sorry… Um, do you like the Beastie Boys…?

4 comments:

Amanda said...

I don't think I can lol any harder over this. It's somewhat refreshing to know that even though Jews can lay claim to 80% of all entertainers (which goes up to a shocking %99.9 of all AWESOME entertainers), you guys occasionally get people like Michael Bolton.

Although, admittedly, anytime I see his name mentioned, I always have to snicker.

Catherine said...

"I'm a funky-ass Jew and I'm on my way,/ And yes I got to say, fuck the KKK." ("Right Right Now Now") Oh, Beasties... They also have a song called "Shadrach," but I think that has less to do with a knowledge of the Torah and more to do with the Boys looking for mythic groups of three to compare themselves to.

H. said...

I must admit that the Beastie Boys aren't exactly my style... Although "You Gotta Fight for your Right to Party" runs through my head every time a prof adds more readings to my work load.

Really, I'm more of an Al Jolson fan... Hey, another great Jew from pop music history!

I am still so ashamed of us for Michael Bolton... So very, very sorry...

"How am I supposed to live...?" (Just leave it there.)

Catherine said...

The Beasties are more likely to say "You know we gonna party for our right to fight" these days.

Powered By Blogger