Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Two More Days Until the End of My World (maybe more, maybe less).

I have just been told a fact that I did not know before, and which, if I had've, would have made my holidays a crap-load better, or at least less preoccupied with checking my email.

Grad class grades are not due until January 6th, so I will have to wait at least until then before they are posted, emailed, or left, steaming, in my mailbox. They could come sooner, but profs are only grown-up students, so why would they do anything before the deadline?

So, come Friday (or Monday/Tuesday if it takes a while), I may be dead, or possibly howling out of the sheer, dumb joy of surviving another round of evaluations… More likely, I will be depressed and wondering, if I did pass, whether it is immoral to keep advancing even though my work is crud. (I fear failure with a horror second only to salted razor-blades slowly caressing my corneas, but I also have a problematic relationship with success… Aren’t I charming?)

So a few more days until my life is (possibly) over.

Now, however, having seen the title of this post, the great master of comic irony who controls my life will make sure I pass with flying colours, but will then have me crushed by a bus on my walk home…

Screw you, fate.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger