
Oh, man! Harper won.
I knew it would happen, I guess, but now that it’s really real, I am in a stupor… I’m glad I have no classes on Tuesday, as I seriously need a day of mourning to get over this.
This is horrible. “The country formerly known as Canada” is no longer a place I recognize, and the change took place in a blink of an eye. I am grateful that it is only a minority mandate, but it is still hard for me to swallow the fact that 36% of Canadians wanted Harper as our leader.
And hopes of Harper’s stupid baby bonus bribe will probably induce immediate breeding among the white-trash who live upstairs, now that Harper is around to tell them they are at least superior to someone, if for no other reason than that they usually stick the right pee-pee in the right winky, according to the Conservatives.
Yes, indeed, folks - bleak days are ahead. Tory times, as they say, are hard times… I can’t even imagine how hard they will be now that the new Conservative party is even worse than the Tories ever were.
Start saving up for tuition now, fellow students! Remember: Harper has no reason to protect higher education – If people get educated they’d no longer vote for him, so it behooves him to crush the whole system while he’s still ahead. That way, we can all drop out of school and start squeezing out some neo-Con, white-trash babies, and he can stay in power till he dies.
And I don’t even want to think about the future of the CBC.
All we can hope for is a Liberal-NDP partnership to save us from the doom which we face at the hands of the neo-Cons.
Thanks a lot Canada, if I can call you that any more.
Why did you do this? Why? Why? Why?
Oh Paul, I ragged you, man, but I seriously miss you already.
(Please, help us Jack. You're our only hope.)

2 comments:
Things seem wrong with the world when Canada suddenly becomes a place to no longer look up to.
That Harper guy.. the way he looks.. he makes me feel uneasy. I think it's his clear blue eyes. They are too vacant. But vacant in the way that you know he's just really good at hiding his thoughts and intentions.
:(
Canada has my sympathies. Big time.
Holly, I suspect that you and fellow thinking-Canadians are feeling how half of America felt when Bush won the last time.
All too true, Amanda. We do feel the pain of the good-hearted Americans that did not vote for Bush, but lost.
I beg the world to remember that Harper represents only 36% of voting Canadians (and 40% of eligible Canadians did not vote this time). Please, give us time to make this right... We'll do better next time.
However, on the bright side, Harper has reduced power due to his minority win. To do anything he has to pass it in the Commons, first, and he'll have a hard time getting past the Liberal-NDP side. Maybe he'll be such a jerk-off that the next election will see him completely wiped out.
Oh, and yes, he does have the cold, dead eyes of a killer. Ice blue, and they never blink or move... Like someone bred an iguana with a Nazi commandant.
*shudder*
Post a Comment