Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Har-Dee-Har-Har…

Remember how I said that the prof of my PhD seminar had neglected to mention that we had to read two books for the first class? Remember how I was worried about it all weekend?

I stayed up until 4am reading almost 400 pages of the densest crap known to human kind… I still didn’t finish the book, but I got a chunk done, and I read all the chapter conclusions. I made sure I could bluff my way through a class. I just didn’t want to make such a horrible impression on the first day, even though I couldn’t believe that we had that much reading to do for the first class!

Yeah, well, it was a JOKE! That’s right, a joke.

It seems that at the end of an email to one of my classmates, the prof wrote “Oh, and I hope you remembered to read all of Albanese and my own book for Monday.” She freaked out and emailed the rest of us. We all panicked because we thought he’d just forgotten to tell us about it, so we all tried to plow through about 700 pages of text in two days.

In class, he expressed surprise about this, as he planned on just a lecture and introduction. He’d been kidding the classmate (who is the nervous sort). No blood was shed, but there were some tense faces around the table. He laughed, though.

Stop it, my sides are killing me. Jerk.

(So, I guess, through no merit of my own, I have indeed lived up to one of my resolutions. Great. I'll mail that news to Sunday night when I could have used the extra encouragement to keep my eyes open...)

1 comment:

H. said...

Yes... I'm not sure I'll ever feel secure again.

Powered By Blogger