
(Or is that “Blogging the Life Fantastic”? Good title for a blog, that. Probably already spoken for, though, so I guess mine will have to stay put for a while longer.)
Dinner party was actually very fun. There were many good laughs, of the sort that can be best found amongst people who have not had a good guffaw in some time. As we have all been under the scholastic gun for a week or so, it was nice to relax and enjoy some social time. It was much, much, much better than I had anticipated.
One of my classmates, Sio, is a pretty hip sort, and is interested in contemporary spirituality (what is often called “new age”) and its implications in terms of health and self-image, etc. So we got to talking about one of my favourite topics.
Why do so few scholars deal with blogging? For example, why not study contemporary religion via blogging? When you think about it, blogging is a form of auto-ethnography, and you can get accounts of life from all over the world.
Yet this goldmine remains unexplored, largely.
So I broke one of my rules and decided to give her my blog address, so she can explore and see what is out there. I figured she should start somewhere, so why not with mine? If I am urging academic sorts to go poking around in here, I should be brave enough to offer myself as a start, right?
And who knows? Perhaps by the end of the summer, we will have converted her to the blogging lifestyle, which is pretty fun, with none of the messy complications of entering the orgy lifestyle.
Then Catherine will have a blogging grandbaby through me. See how the whole thing trickles? It’s Social Science already!
So, all in all, a very good evening. I’m not even sure I care about the SSHRC right now, and that is a far cry from where I was this morning.
Now to sleep, and then it is on to Chaplin tomorrow. (Then to other fun deadlines for the month, such as the Jack Benny chapter, taxes, the first-year progress report for this past school year, student loan papers, tuition negotiations, etc., etc., etc.) Wish me luck!

2 comments:
I read "the whole thing tickles." It tickles, too, grandbloggerchildren. Hm. That word almost looks German.
Enkelbloggerkind. Sorry no umlauts.
Now THAT is a name for a blog...
Enkelbloggerkind, eh...?
Post a Comment