I got stuck with nearly a thousand FBI pages still left to read at sundown, so I ended up on the wrong side of the Law tonight. Oh well - In for a penny, and all that.
Have only just under 500 left. I will see the light of day through Hooverland!
And it has provided the key to unlocking this paper, too, so it was all worth it (thankfully).
I have had a major break through in my presentation preparation, and I think the stuff is turning out beautifully. A way to meld discussion of both how the Jews and the FBI saw Chaplin as Jewish, using “authenticity,” performance studies, allo-Semitism and other good theoretical tricks. Very good, indeed.
Weather here is wonderful – a nice steady and cool rain. However, was not a joy when John and I, while popping out for a smoke, heard the “clunk” of the automatic locks on the doors outside my department's building. That, I guess, signaled midnight. We had to wait until some drunken undergrads came out before we could get back in.
And no windows or doors had to be broken in our daring midnight infiltration of the oh-so-precious Woods building.
Nevertheless, the sun is shining a bit around my pile of work.
Yes. Back to it.

No comments:
Post a Comment