Sunday, April 30, 2006

Sunny Sunday of Doom


Today is the day.

I must finish the Benny piece, at least in full-draft, by bedtime… Even if bedtime ends up being tomorrow at noon…

This is starting to sound familiar, huh? And you all thought these whiny deadline rants were over when the course component finished? Not a chance! I’ll be doing this until the internet dries up!

So, yes, I do have a bit of a deadline issue, but I am sure there are ways to conquer it.

(Anyone know a Harvard student with some spare time? I figure if I don’t have time to finish this thing today, I might need an ivy-league-er to help me cook it a bit.)

Maybe I can pad with excerpts from something… Hey! Maybe I can through in a random post from this thing!

I mean, how close do editors read these things, anyway, huh?

Yup. Boned.

2 comments:

LaTina said...

a deadline. oh, to have acutal deadlines... as the Queen of Procrastination, deadlines do me good. you know, they force me to do actual work. without them, i am a total couch potato who never does anything. my advisor's idea of a deadline is "let's try to have that done in oh, say, about 4-6 weeks, give or take. no hurry." drives me nuts.

H. said...

I have to pretend there are deadlines... like right now, how I'm pretending that the editor didn't say that all this wasn't getting shipped off until June...

IT IS DUE TODAY.

(La la la - I don't hear any different...)

Powered By Blogger