Monday, May 01, 2006

The Answer to That Would Be No.

Do I have the Benny piece done?

Nope.

Will I today…?

Ummm… Maybe?

I worked out my schedule and I have until mid-week before I have to start my comp reading for this week. I am starting with Karen Brown’s Mama Lola, which is pretty novel-like, and for which I had to write a review last term, so I think I can scrimp. But, I really do have to get this Benny thing done and buried, before I lose my mind.

Got an email today from an acquaintance. She asked if I think she should transfer to McMaster. She wanted to know my honest opinion … Decisions, eh? Does one backstab one’s alma mater to save someone else some pain, or do you stay out of it? I answered honestly, but reservedly, and basically said, “I don’t know what it would be for you.”

Of course, fence sitting is a coward’s sport, and you can always end up with some nasty splinters that way, but what one person feels about a place may not be true for the next.

In any case, I could tell her truthfully that there is a large part of my emotional self that prays in thanks everyday that I got out of there. Sometimes this fact is all that keeps my spirits up. Whatever I feel here, it could be worse…

Oh well, back to work.

The Oracle of Holly is closed for the day, as far as wisdom and life-advice is concerned. It will re-open at 7am tomorrow. Until now, there’s a man named Benny waiting for me to finish his life story.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger