Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Feeling my Ohs!


Today is the day. Today I am ready.

We got a ton of practical stuff done yesterday, including 13 job applications sent off, a bunch of cleaning done, and some important letters sent out. Nothing makes one feel human again like getting a mother’s day card sent out on time and a toilet that smells like a magical, elf-infested forest.

So today is the day for the Benny piece. I feel it. I listened to a million episodes of the show yesterday while working on applications, and I have read four biographies on the guy (with very little differences between them, let me tell you... this guy was a plain doughnut), and I have completed all my extra research into the “nature of Jewish humour” (should such a thing exist – the experts are split). I feel ready, willing and able to bat this out of the park.

Today I will complete three drafts of this paper. It will be edited and stream-lined enough to send to The Advisor for a read-through (if she is ready, willing and able to do so).

Today I will also review something and update Clapboard Jungle. (Why is it that Wednesday always comes so freaking fast? I love movies, but the hardest part about that blog is picking the right movie to do in the first place.) Perhaps I can find a Benny-related film, and roll the projects together...

Comp reading marches on, and I am already thinking ahead to the Chaplin piece and am currently trying to find a venue that would be right for it, as well as my Groucho paper… By the SSHRC and OGS season, I gots to have one journal publication. The book chapter will do, but if I could land a spot in Studies in Religion, I’d be in better shape.

Oh, and The Advisor expects to see me at the AAR conference in Washington, DC next November, so I can meet the “film and religion community”… So these publications better not be embarrassing or shoddy, or my name will be mud before I even finish this damn degree.

But today I feel ten feet tall and bullet proof, so today is a day only for accomplishment, not for discouragement.

Today I will finish this project.

No ifs, ands or buts.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger