
Well, folks, it is one year today since this blog opened its proverbial doors. One year, 356 days, and 455 posts. In this short time I have gotten very attached to this thing, and I hope I have improved since my first post!
The very best part is that I have beaten the stats! Unlike so many of my blogging compatriots, I have not wandered away and abandoned this thing after 3 months, and for some reason that feels like an accomplishment. I have beaten my on-again/off-again attention span and actually stuck to this thing and made it into a sort of a habit, as well as a hobby.
As for how I am celebrating, I can assure you that there is no champagne in my immediate future. I am still editing and referencing my Chaplin paper, and will probably still be attempting to stuff its already bloated 25-page corpse with research until the sun comes up. That’s the problem, I have found, of actually writing about something you like; there’s never enough room to say all you want! (How does one write about Chaplin in 25 pages, when it took 88 years for his life to play out??)
Thanks for reading, and I hope we can meet again here in another year.

4 comments:
Congrats on your bloggiversary, there, Grasshopper. I'm so glad you're so committed. When should I expect a bouncing blog grandbaby? I thought you said you were expecting.
These things take time, Ma.
I'm not getting any younger, Holly!
You just channeled like every mother in the world.
Eerie.
Post a Comment