
John found this too-good-to-be-true ad (click to enlarge) on a website he was reading for his exam, and I debated with myself on what to do with it…
The garish biblical reference… the “Pre-Pesach Blowout Sale” promise… It was too good to waste.
Finally, I decided that posting it here would be best. I am not sure about the legalities, but, frankly, they are getting ad space for free, so they can bite me.
And in added incentive for them not to sue me, I want each one of you to run out and immediately buy a truckload of discount matzo from the fine folks at The Israeli Source Wholesale Outlet in Thornhill.
Aside from that excitement, I am very proud of myself, as I have been able to remain awake today. There is something about the end of classes that usually inspires me to try to sleep clear through until September, but not today. Today I am working on Benny.
And remember me saying how nice it was to read about a decent man for once…? Yeah, well, the romance of that is long gone, now. Another quote from a “life long Benny friend” extolling his virtues as a “charming, loyal, sweet, grateful, generous, funny, yadda, yadda, yadda,” type of guy, and I will gag.
By the time this is all done, I think I will be more than happy to return to Groucho and Chaplin and all their dirty (and human) ways.
Have a good weekend, and remember to commemorate the end of Jewish slavery by buying something wholesale at this joint.
(And that came out much more “on the nose” than I meant it. Sorry. Oops! That last line did, too. I’m going to shut my mouth now and get back to work.)

No comments:
Post a Comment