Thursday, December 15, 2005

Yup. Horseshoes Up my Arse.


(Actually, that phrase is funny to me, because it sounds like a really bad farm accident.)

In any case, flush with my success with my other prof, I emailed the prof for whom I am writing a paper for today, and asked if I could get a minor extension until tomorrow morning, or at least until tonight, as it was to be emailed. This was a long shot, as this prof is pretty damned authoritarian, and, moreover, doesn’t seem to like me very much. However, this paper is turning out to be a pretty excellent piece of work, if I do say so myself, and I felt bad about turning it in without giving it a chance to be all it can be.

And, to my surprise, the answer came back positive! Not much, just a short reprieve to edit and retool certain parts of it. I have until tomorrow morning at 10am. A goodly wealth of time to refine and tinker through tonight.

So that was pretty damn unexpected, and it relieves the hammer-like pressure building behind my eyes. However, a second unexpected boon has fallen into my lap.

Having reviewed my student loan file, the good people at the Nova Scotia student assistance office has, without me even asking, reassessed my file, and granted me an extra $2000, receivable immediately. We weren’t exactly broke, but let’s just say that, after the clearing up of some significant debts, we were keeping a closer eye than before on my paychecks.

It’s like getting a “Get Out of Jail Free” card AND a “Winner of the Baby Contest – Collect $2000” card all at once!

Yes, once again, everything IS coming up Holly! (Until, of course, the inevitable down fall that always comes when something good happens to me.)

No comments:

Powered By Blogger