
Or, at least, there’s been a delay in the execution. It seems that the deadline for my first paper was mistaken by yours truly, and the thing is actually due Thursday instead of Wednesday, with the other paper (a slender and less horrific paper at 16 pages only) still due on Friday by 4pm.
The end result? I will still pull an all-nighter tonight to finish it, but now I (1) get time to do more than one draft, (2) get time to edit it tomorrow, with someone else’s eyes as well as my own, and (3) I’m gonna take an hour and a half and watch “Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Sex* (*but were afraid to ask)”(1972), while I have a leisurely feast of popcorn and root beer. That’s my treat for the night. I willingly trade sleep tonight for it.
I will hoist a stein of root beer in honour of the boon of an extra day… And then I’ll crank out a draft. Expect some sort of update, circa 4 or 5am.
(The pic, by the way, comes from a funny little piece of diversion "Cosmic Tribune's Look Alikes")

No comments:
Post a Comment