
Still no news on marks, and I am becoming slightly agitated about it. Maybe I’ve failed and they don’t want to tell me during Hanukkah? Or maybe they are busy cleaning my possessions out of my office so I can pick them up with my walking-papers next week. Or, possibly, they just haven’t finished marking… My pessimistic mind prefers the former explanations.
Christine heads back to Montreal Wednesday night, so we had to do something extra special for her last day here. We went out into the night to see the Wonders of Winter festival of lights!
Yes, it was wonderful… Perhaps too wonderful for the likes of us. A little too wholesome. Now I feel like going to bed early and saying my prayers. To whom? To Jesus, of course. That’s the wholesome person’s god, don’t you know?
Actually, it was a little depressing that something framed as a “festival of lights” couldn’t even bother to have one stinking menorah… They even left out Superman, the most Jewish of super heroes, though both Batman and Spiderman (Gentiles the pair) were present. Well, I know when I am not wanted…
Other than that minor ethnic annoyance, it was an OK evening, with donkeys, lights, and pretty warm weather for late December. However, the sidewalks are solid sheets of ice due to the daytime thaw, so my legs are sore from the constant shimmy-walk one has to do not fall on one’s head. My big toes, which fancy that they are prehensile in such conditions, were trying valiantly to grip the ice. All they managed to do is begin to ache because of the resistance posed by my boots. Next time I go shoeless.
So I am tired and physically weakened. Actually, that was so wholesome I should say I am tuckered-out (a more wholesome term than tired). Thus, I think I may go to bed early after a hot bath and some tea. Strike that… Make it Ovaltine. Much more wholesome.
Nighty-night.

1 comment:
Photo snagged from the jaws of death... better known as the Wonders of Winter website
http://wondersofwinter.ca/
displays.htm
Thanks!
Post a Comment