
Be like the Pope, and haul out your best party hat! Holly is almost done!
Finished my final small assignment tonight, an assessment of Canadian author Wayson Choy’s memoir Paper Shadows: A Chinatown Childhood (Penguin Canada, 1999) as an example of legitimate autoethnography for my PhD methods seminar. Now I have to give the last of my Islam course readings and quick-and-dirty skim before 9am (when I will go to that class FOR THE LAST TIME… EVER!), and I will be done all of my actual pedantic class work for the term except for the readings of two small articles for next Tuesday!!!!!!
On Friday, I will burn through the marking of 35 essays all in one sitting, just to have them over with, and then I am free to start major, and uninterrupted, work on my two term papers for December 14th and 16th, respectively. The glory of actually being able to get on with the real work unhindered by the annoying little road blocks thrown up by class needs!
And when those two papers, and the marking of the exams on the 16th (which Andrew and I are planning on doing in ten hours with a jug of bourbon by our side) is complete, THEN I AM DONE FOR THE TERM!!!
Ca-loo, Ca-lay! I will survive, after all!

2 comments:
This amusing little photo (of the late pontiff trying on a sombrero gifted to him in Mexico) is from the CBC photo archives, where they have a great photo retrospective of dear old JP.II (R.I.P. good buddy!)
Remember those halcyon days of JP, before we got Pope Himmler?
*sniff*
I especially love the fact that some annonomous cardinal is behind him helping him put on this ridiculous thing... I bet that cardinal still tells that story of his brush with holiness.
Truly, this is my new image of "Pope Hat."
Post a Comment