Been up for hours, already. Both outlines finalized. Work progressing, somewhat.
Still - wish I were dead, all the same. Tired. Want it all done.
Another cup of coffee? Well, I shouldn’t, but what the heck?
What do I need a stomach lining for, anyhow?

3 comments:
Besides, readers will find things funny whether we mean it or not!
Readers are a fickle, confused bunch of monsters who will only find funny what you tell them is funny. You must be confident with your humor and lay it all out for them.
Do not confuse confidence with arrogance, however.
Well, arrogant humor has its place, but it is a danger as it is the type of humor which can backfire the most easily.
I ramble lightly.
In all honesty, I think I'm of the Woody Allen school of humour.
Funny is that which:
1) I say and it makes me laugh.
2) That which another comic said that makes me laugh, especially if that comic is dead and can't sue.
3) Anything Groucho Marx ever said or did.
Anything else is purely coincidental. I'm just glad I don't have to depend on being funny to make a living, or I'd be broke... So basically, I'd be doing as well as I do in academics...
But there's less threat of a drinking problem this way.
I ramble too, but not so very lightly.
Post a Comment