
Got my tutorial marks done and submitted. One step closer to done. Today I go into campus to pick up the exams, so I can mark them this evening. However, I still have a ton of work left to do on both may papers (one due on Wednesday, the other on Friday), so I think I’ll krabapple** them. 10 minutes per exam. If they haven’t wowed me in the first five minutes, they burn!
My final word.
So, I still am plugging away at papers. The topics are fine, but I wish I could just shut my eyes and make them go away. Ever feel you are just out of words? I just can’t say anything any more… All the ink is gone. I’m like a squid that’s already been squeezed.
However, I remain calm and deliberate. I haven’t resorted to manic fits of tension, yet. That’s always good, I find. This stability is due, in part, to my will power, and to the soft and cozy blue and pink afghan that John’s nana sent us for the holidays. (Who can get stressed when wrapped up in something made with love by nana-hands??)
The rest is due to The Mills Brothers, who can always talk me of a ledge. Smooth and oh so very cool, these guys were the bee’s knees in the thirties, forties and fifties, and if you’ve never heard them, you should.
I mean, who the hell can be upset while listening to “Flat Foot Floogie,” anyhow?
Oh, that tiger…
(** krabapple: Verb meaning to act as Ms. Krabapple; to mark a series of tests all “B+” to finish marking very quickly, so as to get to Happy Hour in the teachers’ lounge; to finish marking very quickly with little regard for the students; the TA’s best friend.)

No comments:
Post a Comment