Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Every Little Thing is Gonna Be Alright.


Well, Rastafarianism has been very good to me. Presentation and paper passed with flying colours, and with some very nice compliments from a professor that I admire greatly. I am still avoiding the coffee shop to preserve my good mood, just to be safe, but I am pretty shiny today.

Despite having been “slightly hit” by a (slow moving) car on my way to class this morning, I still am pretty chipper. (Some growing stiffness and ache in my hip and knee, on which I came down, but no broken bones or skin. Pretty lucky, over all.) No undergrads on campus today, and everyone is just so happy to see one another one last time before we head into occultation to apply what we have learned to our papers.

Everything looks pretty good from here. Major marking is done, and my last class is out of the way. So this evening I have the department “seasonal” bash, and then I am free of social obligation for a solid block of time to write these papers. I know this stuff, I love my topics, I have plenty to say about them, and, dammit, I am a good student who deserves good marks.

From contemplating dropping out last night to feeling my oats today, I am in good shape, despite all the potential pitfalls that lay ahead and all the obsessive disappointments behind. You know what? The topic gave me a good mark, but I think the lessons of Rastafari thought will stay with me much longer than the theory from the class will.

And I know that everything will work out.
Bob told me so.

Singin': "Don't worry about a thing,
'Cause every little thing gonna be all right" - I won't worry!
Singin': "Don't worry about a thing, oh no!
'Cause every little thing gonna be all right!

4 comments:

H. said...

Only slightly. Why must you always focus on the negative??

H. said...

In Montreal I should think it's more of an occasion when someone you know DOESN'T get hit by a car... But, then, hamilton wasn't great for that, either.

I'm fine. Just sore.

What do I need the use of my legs for, anyway?

Amanda said...

If I had been hit by a car, even slightly, my next 15 blog entries would focus solely on that event.

I am glad your skins and bones weren't broken though.

And that you are happier overall.

H. said...

Well, maybe I'll tell the tale in my next post!

Powered By Blogger