
John’s family is in for a few days, and my cold seems to be improving. Generally, things are going fairly well.
The highlight of the first visit must be the present John’s mom brought me: a set of purple-black pearls from her recent trip to China. Please do not mistake this for support of China or the pearl industry, but, as a girl, I must respond, “Wow-ee!”
These things are lovely as hell, and make me feel expensive and important just to hold them. And, I must admit, I look like a million bucks in them – black hair and black pearls. What a killer combination.
I already feel five times more prepared for that conference in Vancouver… Who can resist a good paper delivered from a doll in black pearls?
Now all I have to do is supply the “good paper.”
*

4 comments:
That sounds nice, plus you get along with your man's mother. That is probably nicer then the pearls.
I try to get along with everyone... Boy, how I try.
No kidding that those pearls would give a gal some confidence!
I recently received some BEOOOOTIFUL 'tiger eye' earrings as a gift. Apparently they give you strength. I'll be wearing those puppies at my defence. For sure!
Strength... that is something I need more of.
Post a Comment