
I was solidly asleep, and it was about an hour and a half before I had to get up. I was snug and warm, but my eyes just popped completely open. If you know me, you may know that my eyes pop open with disgusting vigour every morning, but this was different. Thoughts that a friend needed me spurred me from bed, so I ran to check messages and line all my ducks.
So, maybe it turns out that you are all well (I hope), and it was a false alarm. (All wood knocked.)
Well, an hour before the alarm is far enough from wake-up time to negate all rush, but it is still too late to go back to sleep, so here I sit.
However, it is a lovely morning. I have extra time to linger over my coffee, and my shower was a little longer than normal, allowing for not just lather, not just rinse, but also (wait for it) REPEAT. Hmm. What a luxury. I took my first smoke of the day down by the stream, amongst the birds. And now I have ample time to take care of all my email and to even drop the blog a note.
So, I hope all is well, anyway. However, folks, feel free to wake me up any morning. The jump on the day, and all my armour is in place hours before I anticipated it.
Beauty, eh?
*

2 comments:
I was with you up to the smoke. Glad your morning got off to a good start.
Well, I yams what I yams...
And you DON'T want to see me without smokes. Ever.
Post a Comment