
The last time I actually got out of bed, it was to get ready to go to Toronto, Monday morning… 38 hours ago. True, I got an hour’s worth of sleep this morning, but it was on the sofa, and I still had my boots on when I woke up, so I really don’t think it counts.
I know I am mortgaging my future by doing such things, and significantly decreasing both my life span and the quality of that life span… but such is life in the grad school trenches.
So now it is time to make it up to the body: I will have some light supper, maybe watch Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005) since Murph reminded me of it today, and now I have a yen, and then hit the hay and see if I can actually make it to 8 hours of sleep.
Ah! I can dream, can’t I?
*

4 comments:
Sleep well.
I did!
I ACTUALLY MADE IT TO 8 HOURS!!
But now I am hung over with too much sleep and feel badly discombobulated...
Oh well. Bad with the Good, eh?
The waterfall metaphor is sound.
Of course it is. All ideas are churned by waterfall over at Murph's Proposal Factory. And you can take that to the bank, children.
Post a Comment