I sit at my desk. Before me sits a can of soda pop. I want it so very badly… I am warm and it is cold. It would be sweet and refreshing. I tried to open it, but condensation had made it too inaccessible to my tired hands. It had a blow out when I managed to open it a bit. Foam everywhere. Now it is both sticky and covered in condensation. I will never have my pop, even though I still want it as badly as before despite its rebellion.
Normally this situation would not be blogworthy, but on a day that holds the insurmountable deadline… This pop seems to embody my whole life right now, as I try to cram three months’ worth of work into 12 hours. The contents are sweet, but under too much pressure. I fear an explosion.
Sigh. All I want is my pop. And a dissertation proposal. It’s not like I am asking for true love or the moon.
Some pop and 8 pages of worthy work.
Are these things too much to ask for???
*

4 comments:
Happy Simcoe Day (whatever that is), and Happy Natal Day to those in PEI and Nova Scotia!
And Happy Birthday to William von Detroit, if he reads this. Yes, 25 is truly old.
Beware of the power of symbols. Symbolism makes the world go 'round. People think it's money, but it is really the faith and trust, and those are identified by symbols.
So what you're saying is I am doomed.
Post a Comment