
Something has gone out of my life. I support the right to strike, and I feel no bitterness towards the CBC staff who were locked out for over a month. However, I have completely lost the habit of tuning into CBC Radio, a practice that once regulated my life. No more hourly news. No more Sound Advice. I don’t even know the schedule now.
It’s all gone, and I’m not sure we’ll ever get back together. How can you get back into a habit you have lost? Can we say we had our beautiful moment, but now we go our separate ways?
I’m afraid that me and CBC may have broken up for good. It’s sad, but relationships do drift, and CBC and I have clearly just grown apart.
It’s nobody’s fault. These things just happen.
I wish it well for its future relationships, and to show there is no bitterness, it can keep the CDs.

5 comments:
Big time... You know, you're right. Maybe CBC has shown me that I'm not a Yuppie... Or maybe Yuppies don't listen to CBC anymore, and have now moved to KLite FM. Better ask Catherine- She'd know.
I MEANT that she would know the demographic of CBC lovers... Catherine I never called you a yuppie- Christine is just trying to set me up... Honest.
You need to stay away from math- it's gonna get you int trouble.
JCrew and CBC do not a yuppie make. It I had to stereotype JCrew, I'd say Hamptons-land-owning Old Money. Yuppies made their own money.
CBC is for people with varied tastes who like to be informed and entertained. Geeks, politics freaks, modern media mavens, comic junkies, CBC has it all.
I think they can make overlapping communities, but I don't think yuppies download trashy BEP songs. Plus, if you remember, Stroumboulopoulos is the biggest non-yuppie there is. He's a Bizarro-Yuppie and he's on the Ceeb.
Don't get me started. And Holly, I don't want to hear about this separation. You're just going through a phase. This isn't for keeps.
IF only it were that easy to make up after such a history. I haven't closed the door on CBC. It can come back if it wants to.
Post a Comment