October 10, 2005: Thanksgiving (Canada).
Well, my shamrock is dying because this apartment gets absolutely no light. I am behind in nearly every class or endeavor in which I am currently engaged. The cat is evil, and I am so tired that I could just go back to sleep right now and stay there for three days. The dishes need to be done again, and so do the garbage cans and laundry. The jerk wads upstairs are stomping and acting like sumo wrestlers on caffeine, and we’ve run out of anti-stink products for the cat box room. I’m no where near ready enough for my class tomorrow morning, but I can’t afford a lot of time away from my presentation for Thursday to get ready. I’m robbing Peter to pay Paul, and soon that will bite me in the ass. I am now deeply concerned that someone will sue me for using copyrighted photos on my blog, so I am stuck with only a vast number of very boring and poorly lit “free” photos from some hippy sites.
However, I am OK financially (knock press board), and my cold is nearly gone. The weather is pretty nice, and there are geese flying by the window making a wonderful sound. I had enough time this weekend to watch a couple movies with John, and to take a couple short walks around the block, and I still managed to do a lot of work. My mind is as comfortable as it can be that I did as much as I could. I still have all of Wednesday to prepare for that presentation, and I have time tomorrow to get the last materials from the library. John is very sweet and will take care of the laundry when the machines are free. All I have to concentrate upon is getting a few pages of reading done for Tuesday so as to be able to fake readiness, and start the final draft of my presentation. I have to do only a few small edits to make my SSHRC somewhat acceptable to my advisor for our Tuesday meeting. I have the rest of the afternoon to do what I have to do for Tuesday, and then I am free to concentrate solely on Thursday’s presentation.
I am not dead, yet. I can pull this thing together.
So, Happy Thanksgiving! Call your mums, and have something made with pumpkin, and count at least one blessing. That is the rule for today.

No comments:
Post a Comment