
Well, SSHRC and OGS research grant applications are done for another year!
Rationally, I realize that there is no way in hell that I’ll get either, but it is nice to have it done. Further, the fact that I worked my ass off for them can’t have been lost on my advisors and the profs in the department and in the film department, and I have a good head start on my department dissertation proposal due in August of 2006.
Plus, anything that helps get a line under my name instead of through it is always welcome. (Such as the fact that a nice little perk to that Brantford lecture is that the professor is made a point of emailing the director of my program to rave about how well {he thinks} I did!)
The only thing is, that list you have to create of your contributions and awards is so demeaning and depressing when you have so few. One university journal publication, a few internal grad scholarships, and a year as a research assistant… Yeah, I can see SSHRC just throwing money at me. I guess that Laurier stat of 80% success in external funding competition is about to take a severe beating because of me.
Let’s just hope the absolute sexiness of the racialization of the Jews puts them into a trance that obscures the fact that I am completely under qualified for any type of external funding, let alone $35,000 a year for three years.
That’ll happen.

No comments:
Post a Comment