
It has just occurred to me that October, usually my favourite month, is over without barely being noticed. That’s sad.
So, in honour of October, a brief retrospective…
Uh… Let me think…
Here in Waterloo it was Oktoberfest, but I didn’t go. However, I did see Onkel Hans everywhere, despite avoiding the actual hallowed beer halls of the German ethnic-fest out here. Onkel Hans, the giant orange blow-up-doll in leiderhosen worshipped like a god (pictured above), is slightly horrid, so, in the end, I am glad that I didn’t see what else the event had to offer.
It’s Hallowe’en on Monday, and I am teaching the history of Catholicism in Quebec… I guess that’s scary enough. However, not the fun and games I was used to as a child. I anticipate that there won’t be many students showing up for my tutorial or the lecture, and that’s fine with me. The little buggers are wearing their welcome thin, let me tell you.
Tonight (Sunday night) we have people over, but I don’t really have time for it. It seemed like a good idea at the time, but now…
So, really, October was a month of updating the blog daily (if I make it the 31st it will make a full 31 days without missing, a first-ever for this blog), of doing work instead of going to anything fun, yet still not doing enough work…
So many memories.
Maybe November will be better. Let’s hope for that, shall we?

3 comments:
Macht Spass heute Abend!
Ausgezeichnet!
Gute Versuch!
Post a Comment