
How did this all happen, I ask myself. Myself answers back, it was hubris.
Yes, hubris to consider that I could blog continually for 24 hours. Perhaps, so. Yet, I am fueled with two major perks on my side. A concern for animal welfare, and a solid obsession for the actor William Holden.
This 24 hours will be devoted to the films, works and life of one of Hollywood’s most loved and enduring stars. It will cover several of his best films, a few of his worst, and, especially, his greatest passion: Animal conservation in Kenya.
Please stay with me as much as you can. William Holden’s name still can cause the heart to beat out a mambo, but his legend has faded at an undeserved rate. My purpose is two-fold: to raise money for a charity dear to him, the Mount Kenya Animal Conservancy, and, as a side-project, to help boost awareness of my one of my all-time favourite heroes of the silver screen.
I plan on having polls and trivia contests along the way, as well as a special VR screening of the great American classic The Wild Bunch (1969) to be held in the last four hours of the blogathon. Holden fans, and those about to become Holden fans, are welcome with open arms!
I look forward to any comments, questions, etc. you may have. I may not be the world’s foremost authority on William Holden, but I must be close, so do not hesitate to contact me. (Or to just comment, email or AIM me, just to keep me company on this long dark night of the blogger’s soul.)
Oh, and…
Sponsor Me!
(My goal is $100, and I have $40 confirmed, and $25 promised. We can do better! I hope to convince you of that…)

5 comments:
OF COURSE! JUST FREAKING OF COURSE! OF BLOODY COURSE! BLOGGER IS NOT LETTING ME POST PICS!
ARRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHH!
I REALLY SHOULD HAVE GUESSED!
a picture is worth a thousand blogs
Whew. It seems to be feeling better now. Could you imagine the horrors of 24 hours of no pictures??? Especially with such a photogenic subject matter... By which, of course, I mean the wildlife. =cough=
It is possible that I will be getting one Mr. Holiday of Swankpuppy fame to donate some of his own money - plus an extra $10 from me! We shall see... I haven't heard back from him on the matter.
OOOO! Any donation will be much appreciated. Think of those poor hungry monkeys!
Post a Comment