
Well, not literally, I suppose. I mean, they likely wear leather, eat meat, or vote Republican, or something. But, in theory, they are my heroes.
What can we do to make sun umbrellas more in style, or at least less embarrassing? You all know that the sun and I are not great friends, but I am still far too self-conscious to use an umbrella on sunny days. Frankly, I feel silly using an umbrella in the rain, let alone in the sun. Still, the way the world is going it may be our only chance against our former-friend-turned-enemy.
Actually, I saw a guy using a sun umbrella this week. He looked completely at ease with himself. Perhaps that guy is my hero, instead.
Start the Parasol Revolution, People!
Up with ‘Brollies! (Down with Blisters, Burns and Lesions!)
(New review, by the way.)
***


3 comments:
Hi there! Thanks for the encouragement. I'll drop by on you, too. We blogathoners must stick together!
And, yes, wind would be an issue. Not so much here, in the heaven-forsaken-land-locked-central-part-o-the-country, but on the coast I never got into the habit because of the wind.
And thanks for the thought. Just to note, though, the Mt Kenya organization does have a fax system (no PayPal required) for donations.
As a note, I'd like to mention that last night/this morning, I had a dream with parasols in it. Also featuring in this dream was that it was supposedly 50 years ago, because there was some "discovery" of "some tropical land" and the scientists were claiming that they'd found dinosaurs, living. And I was all "I'm from 50 years in the future. I remember reading about this in the history books. This is a hoax. It is all a hoax. They do find new monkeys though." Also, I was palling around with Groucho Marx. He had a store and sold a drink there called Yerba Mate but it was $89 for a jug of it and I complained and apparently just because I knew what it was, he loved me and gave it to me for free.
Other things happened too as it was a huge long complicated dream. You were actually in it too. We were raising money for your blogathon, actually.
Weird.
GET OUT OF MY HEAD.
You have left me completely speechless...
Post a Comment