Blogathon 2006 was an awesome challenge, and great fun. Thanks...
My great financial backers:
Running42K
John H.
Anonymous (you know who you are)
Chris Z.
Gemini730
Heather S.
Marjie K.
Mark
The H. Family
Sunshine
So far, I have verified $77 (USD) in pledges, which is 77% of my goal. A few of you out there have spoken to me about pledging, but just have not gotten around to it, yet. That’s fine, as you have tomorrow to do it, as well.
Just go: Sponsor Me!
I have a feeling I may break that goal line.
UPDATE: PLEDGES ARE NOW UP TO $112!
I can't believe I actually broke $100!
THANKS!
***
Also, I thank Iris Hunt and the folks at the Mount Kenya Animal Conservancy who gave me their blessing to blog on behalf of their organization, and the Blogathon people, who let us participate.
Thanks also to Amanda, Murph, Kathryn, Will, my monitors, all my visitors/commenters, and, especially Team Shabbat 2006 for moral support, and to Murph and Katie for technical support.
Thanks to EVERYBODY, as you have made this a very memorable experience.
*

20 comments:
Whoohoo!! You did it! Congrats sweetie! Have a great sleep! *big hugs*
Thanks for the visits and well-wishes. No sleep. Food. I haven't had a chance to feed myself in 20 hours. These posts took forever to write!
Thank you and good night, as they say in the movies!
Congratulations, and I hope we will see you back next year.
You very likely will. This was great fun. Hey, let's do it again *next* weekend!
All told, the Blogathon this year raised very near to $100,000 in pledges for various charities!
Well done!
Most of all, this blog was dedicated to William Holden, who's wonderful work and interesting life made this task a whole helluva lot easier!
ARRRGGGHHHHH!
Now I can't sleep!
crud.
Oh well, gonna watch _Breezy_. At least that's something.
Any insomnia cures out there???
There's always booze.
I am glad you made it all the way through, although I knew you could do it.
Eye of the Tiger, baby! Eye of the Tiger!
Whose William Holden?
You survived blogathon. Is it all downhill from there?
Hey Holly,
I sent this as an email to your @yahoo.ca account, but it came back with an error.
Anyhow, do I donate $$ to Mount Kenya Animal Conservancy directly? (ie via their website?).
Please forgive this dopey question
Hmmm... I wonder what is up with email?
Anyhoo, just go to their site (http://www.animalorphanagekenya.com/) and click on donations. They have instructions there.
They use PayPal, which requires you to sign up, but they have all the necessary info there on how to do that.
And let me know how it ends up working.
Murph: Yes, it is all down hill from here, a little. "Normal" blogging no longer thrills. I will now have to start finding more death defying ways to blog, because my blogger buzz tolerance has increased. This is a sad situation.
42k:
WHO'S WILLIAM HOLDEN??????
I'm gonna assume, for both our sakes, that that was a cruel joke.
(If not, go read the last 50 blog entries - you get SOME idea who the joe is.)
Amanda: Eye of the Tiger is now seeing spots... Does that make it now and eye of the leopard?
I will be posting a follow-up post soon, with instructions on how to honour your pledges, etc.
BLISS:
I am sitting here with a HUGE pot of rice and tofu, the first real, cooked and healthy meal I have had since supper on Saturday.
Also, did you realize what a joy it is to just up and go to the powder room whenever you want to? Or be able to walk over to the Tim's for coffee???
Food and freedom. Lovely!
I have officially sent my pledge/donation in to Mount Kenya.
Glad to be of service! ;)
Thanks a million!
We are now at $117, and I think that is all the people who said they might.
So $117 for the animals!!
I am very proud.
Post a Comment