If a student emails you about the assignment that they just got back, and they whine that they “Have never gotten a grade that low before…” … Is it OK to respond with: “Congratulations. Now you have.” ?
I always get at least one of these whines a year- it's like they are using a precedent argument. Like I'm gonna say "Hey, I didn't realize that- here's an A!"
Geesh- I love em, but sometimes I'd like to decapitate them.
Is this kid just out of high school? Obedience school? Man... I miss TAing. I miss the tete-a-tete debates. The intimidating silences, the wet eyes, the rage and clenched fists... sigh.
4 comments:
I always get at least one of these whines a year- it's like they are using a precedent argument. Like I'm gonna say "Hey, I didn't realize that- here's an A!"
Geesh- I love em, but sometimes I'd like to decapitate them.
Well, this particular pre-law student isn't likely to get in to the real-law-school with the marks she's getting from me.
Is this kid just out of high school? Obedience school? Man... I miss TAing. I miss the tete-a-tete debates. The intimidating silences, the wet eyes, the rage and clenched fists... sigh.
Yup. It can be fun... Wait, no that part isn't.
Post a Comment