Sunday, March 14, 2010

You Know, Babies are Hardly Babies

I've said it myself a hundred times, "I'm just being a baby." "He's such a baby."

But, if being a baby means whining over little things or things that can't be changed, etc., we really should just say "He's being such an adult," because babies are pretty darned tough little creatures.

My evidence for this: My 2 year old has a pretty awful head cold, as do I. While I am sitting here, unmotivated and drippy and dull, he is working his butt off to play and enjoy himself, even while breathing like a bull dog wearing nose plugs.

He can also fall and land on his head and keep on trucking, whereas that would have me on my back for at least a day. He also gets about a million things taken from him in the run of a day (by me when he is grabbing things he shouldn't), yet he's still a pretty happy little character, over all.

Where did we get this expression? Before having a child, I never really thought about it, but now I see it is bunk.

We should be so lucky as to be as tough and determined as babies.

Just thought I would share my random thoughts for the day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It could be that yours is just a tough little guy.

Powered By Blogger