Saturday, December 02, 2006

The Buck Stops Here

So with personal drama, a move, bronchitis, money worries, etc. etc., this has been one hell of a term, all when my doctoral exam keeps staring me in the face in just a month's time. So could fate leave me alone to prepare? Oh no.

This morning, at around 9am, I woke up in a chilled delirium, only to spend the following hours in an achy, swollen, whiny mess. I am starting to feel a little better, I hope, I hope... But if one more thing pops up between me and this exam, I may have to take fate by the hand and run it into a brick wall repeatedly for picking on me.

This is one chick fate can't kick around any more.

(No jinx, no jinx, no jinx.)

Now to bed, possibly, with a totally frivolous movie, a cold compress, and a tankard of ginger ale. If this flu/cold/plague is keeping me from studying today, I may as well do it up right, eh?
*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel bad, because I can't help but think that all the cigarettes you, me and Murph smoked last night had something to do with this relapse. Keep warm and drink lots of fluids, and get some French Onion Soup! Hope you feel better soon.

H. said...

Yes, my kingdom for some onion soup and some chloraseptic spray... but, alas, it is too cold for any such expedition right now. So tea, ginger ale, and water-water-water is the course of action for the moment.

And don't worry, I have been keeping the smoking to the barest minimum. The throat that feels like it was run over by a rogue cheese grater inspires restraint, believe me.

Powered By Blogger