Sunday, December 24, 2006

Career Sneak Attack

Reading has not been going very well tonight, so I turned my attention to other pressing matters, such as my never ending quest to fatten that sad CV of mine. I have been busting my hump tonight on conference proposals, just as a way to avoid other, more scary demands on my mind's CPU. (If private life is in shambles, go for career, eh?)

If all goes according to Hoyle, and all these proposals are accepted, my speaking engagements will be as follows:
  • February 8-9: Conference paper presentation at U of T
  • Mid-February: Public film showing and lecture for WLU RCS
  • March 6 & 9: Guest lecturing on Bible & film at WLU
  • March 16th (?): Conference paper presentation at WLU RCS arts conference
  • May 4-5: AAR Regional conference paper presentation at UW
  • May 27-30: CSSR conference paper presentation on Humour in Religion at U of Saskatchewan
  • June 8: Departmental presentation of dissertation proposal
Ah... Feel the CV grow... Sense the blood pressure rise.

Oh, and let's not forget those pesky doctoral exams on January 5th and May 11th. (That memory rather makes me hope at least some proposals are rejected.)

What a way to spend Christmas break. Silent night, indeed. I distinctly heard a few screams every time I looked at my calendar.

I wonder... Will the conference organizers be impressed or saddened when they notice that these submissions were sent at like 10pm on Christmas Eve...? Let's just hope they assume I am a consummate and dedicated professional, not the pathetic loner I really am right now, huh?
*

No comments:

Powered By Blogger