Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Biding My Time

So Christmas is over again, and now it is Boxing Day. Today is the last day of the infernal wait, and on Wednesday I should be able to track down actual humans at Immigration and at the Consulate. Wish me luck, because, man, I need it. After three days of pacing and no way to find help, that phone call will likely come out as a long string of gibberish followed by a sob.

That should impress them.

So, reading and waiting. Waiting and pacing. And doing whatever I can to fill the silence - some (very) good things, and some just plain silly (me and the cat have taken to playing "launch the kitty" with the rocking chair, which is not such a bad game as long as no one gets hurt).

In other news, my comp exam is in 10 days. Well, at least that should provide some distraction from other issues, no?

Right now I just need to remember that patience is a virtue, and try to forget there is a bus to Cincinnati leaving K-W every day at noon.

Yup. Patience.
*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hearing the voice of an actual human on the phone makes everything seem so much more in reach.

Anonymous said...

When I think of it, the comment I just posted reads like a bad newspaper horoscope.

H. said...

hahahaha

But true, nonetheless.

Powered By Blogger