Sunday, December 24, 2006

The Blogger Formerly Known as Beta

There are several constants in my universe. The bus schedule is always wrong. Profs always contact you randomly just when you least want to talk to them. And, the big one: I.T. folks, as well as tinkerers of many varieties, never know when to leave well enough alone.

So now I am trying to switch this blog to what was Blogger Beta. Not 'cause I want to, mind you, but because we will all have to over the next couple of months. (It would be too simple just to leave those of us who aren't interested in exploring the new fronts of blogging bells and whistles just stay put, so they have to add pressure to annoyance.)

The big problem: I have a Google account with my G-Mail. I have a new blog that I share with someone who uses (the former) Beta, which is tied to that Google account. And I have two old Blogger blogs, including this old clunker. What all this means is that I have two different blogger trains running on parallel tracks, with no apparent way to merge them all. Even though I have to do so soon.

It is all very frustrating.

So, if anyone has been through this, let me know how it went. And if this blog suddenly disappears for a while (or permanently), you'll know that those (expletive deleted) over at Blogger finally ate my blog, like they have been trying to do now for some time now.

People, it isn't a cure for cancer. Just let good enough be good enough, ok?
*

1 comment:

H. said...

Well, I have stumbled on something. It seems that I may sometime soon be able to switch this blog to beta, but, for now, it is too big.

It seems that if you have more than 1,000 posts + comments (I have 870 posts and likely a few hundred comments), you cannot switch your blog for now until the small fry have completed their migration.

So, the last of the great white whales in blogger will just have to stick it out until they are ready for the heavy weights.

If only I could keep my comp from logging me out of G-Mail every time I log into Blogger, the wait would not be so bad.

Sigh. Long live IT pains in the ass, eh?

Powered By Blogger