Oh where, oh where, could my student loan be? Oh where, oh where, has it gone?
Yes, folks, I am yet again waiting for my loan papers, which are, yet again, a bit late. This is not abnormal, nor is it completely the fault of the loan people, as I was a bit late myself submitting the papers. However, this year I have immediate need of it, as apartment hunting is not much use without the two months’ rent checks to back it up.
So everything is backing up on itself. Need loan, to get apartment. Need apartment to get utilities set up and address changes done. Need those done so I can finish a million and one tasks that suddenly need my mailing address. (But have no real mailing address right now, except for the department.) Aside from this, I still have my grant proposals to finish, transcripts to get my hands on, a million banking tasks to complete, a paper to prepare and present, and RA duties to somehow fulfill in the meantime, including, it seems, some left over work from last summer.
And, today, I call my mum to break the news, and possibly bum a loan if they can swing it.
Yes, I love being 28 and being possessed of no emergency savings. It really makes one feel like a real, live human being, no? And all of those people who assume that I am somehow taking an “easy route” for still being in school, rather than working in some cubicle jungle for AT&T, can seriously kiss my ass. No, not just kiss. Lick and polish, folks, because I am truly suffering for my life choices right now, in the form of complete and utter dependence on other cubicle jungle inmates for my loan forms. Got that?
So, basically, my life is a series of “Check Loan Status” frustrations and stomach pains.
Now do you see why I can’t really update this thing?
*

2 comments:
Chin up, don't let the stress get to you.
Trying not to.
Post a Comment