Today was a tremendous day. The first really great day in a little while, actually. All events and tasks went off really well, and my energy was through the roof. I made contact with all of my favourite people, and kept a few more links in an important chain of communication.
Most of all, I heard some awesome news. The first set of doctoral exams had been up in the air as far as date was concerned. Until today, it was possible that I was to write my first comp exam on the first Friday of December. Now, I find out that it is actually set now for the 5th of January, which suddenly gives me a whole month as cushion. This was the news I really needed to hear, because this means, despite all my personal disruptions and upset, I still have some sort of chance to pass the damn thing, even if it will cramp a few plans for the holidays.
So an extra month to prepare for my exam, leaving adequate room to survive the move and change in routine, not to mention the mental duress! Thank you, Joint Doctoral Committee. I know you didn’t make this decision with me in mind, but you have, in fact, saved my life.
*

2 comments:
Great news! It's nice to know that you will have a little more time to make everything more comfortable.
The name of the game is "Holly Wins"
Post a Comment